Friday, August 29, 2014

How to Shatter Bloggers Block: A Poem




Written by, Andy Lee


All day long I've wondered....
"What should I write?"
The blinking cursor on my computer screen
Has mocked me with delight.


I've searched the caverns of my brain
Looking for the perfect story
Crawled through cobwebbed memories
Only to decide they were all boring.

Don't I have something wonderful to tell?
Something that will change a life?
Isn't that the purpose of this job?
Is that holding me back or my pride?

But then I remembered that nothing is easy
Nothing that matters deeply in life.
And yet I often take myself too seriously
I must find balance between grace and strife.

That's when the fear that chained my hands
From tapping on the keys,
Was shattered like shards of glass
And my brain was suddenly freed.

My fingers began to type the first
Sentence of this benign poem
And joy was restored to my heart
As a new blog post was born.

Yes, we write to make a difference
We write to tell a story
But writing has many purposes
Otherwise, it would be boring.

So, the lesson learned my writing friends
When writer's block dumbfounds
Just simply begin typing your first thoughts
And words will abound.

For just the right purposes
Whether laughter, learning or tears.
Trust the One whose called you to this.
He will be faithful all your years.




With Joy,













Bio: Andy Lee is a mentor for Word Weavers International, an inspirational speaker, and Christian Living writer. She's a self-proclaimed Bible study geek who loves to teach others how to dig into the ancient languages of the Bible where it breathes.This Oklahoma girl loves living on the coast of North Carolina with her husband and three almost-all-grown-up children. Find her words of encouragement at www.wordsbyandylee.com. 

2 comments:

  1. You're so talented. Thanks for this. I was also suffering from my characters not talking to me. I'm going to make them read this poem, then take my beautiful wife to Hendersonville for the Apple Festival. Drive on over. We'll all do lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bruce! You're so funny. Won't be able to do the Appke Festival today, but we should plan another time! Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete