Friday, January 30, 2015

January Journey


 
by Angie Mojica-Barnes
 
 
 
 
Can I let you in on a secret? I dread January. Hate it. I think the dread stems from going back to school after Christmas break as a kid. I remember getting up before the sun and waiting for the bus in the cold darkness. The routine of school life was starting again and I was ill prepared for it.

The feeling of a dark beginning lingers with me every January. I lose joy at the coming days when all I can see is the work I need to do in order to grow in the areas of my life that I desire: becoming a great writer, a better wife, and a truer follower of Jesus.

          In my faulty memory I forget about the progress I've made.  Last year  I took two writing courses, where I learned so much.  I gained a deeper understanding of what real love is: how the mundane and the messy make us stronger as a couple. As for Jesus, He remains far truer to me than I will ever be to him. He continues to show his faithfulness to me by not giving up on me.

God in His sovereignty uses the uncertainty and the icy winds of winter to spur me on to fight for what is important. He teaches me to find value in the struggle and joy hidden in the dark.

He promises me, not victory over every challenge, but to walk with me through the winter until I can see the season’s promise of spring as He blesses the work of my hands.
Friends, He walks with us. He said He would.

 

 

Philippians 1:6  Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus

 

 



 
Angie Mojica-Barnes is a native of Wilmington, North Carolina. 
She is a secretary by day and a writer by night. She loves Jesus,
dancing and all things encouraging.

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that precious post dear sweet Angie! I loved this part best, "He promises me, not victory over every challenge, but to walk with me through the winter until I can see the season’s promise of spring..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie! This is awesome! Your writing has grown so much! I'm major proud of you girl! You've got what it takes! And yay for February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, I've learned so much from you.Word weavers is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bring on the flowers and chocolate bunnies!

    ReplyDelete