Thursday, April 17, 2014

Heavenly Appetizer



Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they will see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began. John 17:24.
By, Sondra Dron

Jesus once allowed me to see what it will be like when I am with him.

I dreamed I was standing on the grounds of a large estate. A magnificent house stood on an upward slope of land. A grove of trees towered over me. The sunlight played in the leaves above and the grassy moss formed a carpet beneath my feet.

Someone touched my shoulder and I turned. Without a word, He put his hand on my back and we waltzed. We skillfully twirled and swayed beneath the trees, in and out, from shade to sun. I marveled at my ability to dance so grandly. I noticed His suit, which resembled a military dress uniform, light in color and adorned with applets, braid and medals earned.

 I lifted my eyes to see His face. It was Jesus. My knees went weak, but He held me firm.

I struggled between an impulse to run away and a desire to experience the intimacy and exhilaration of the dance. I stayed. I drew closer to His chest, unable to look into His eyes again, but wanting to.

He slowed our steps and, putting His arm at my waist, led me toward a path sloping downward. Approaching a place where the ground dropped off sharply, we turned and continued until we came to the bottom of the small cliff. In the cliff, an area like a porch was hollowed out. I was drawn to a richly upholstered bench. I sat down and He followed. The rock hung overhead; gentle rivulets of water danced off the edge.

We sat silently for awhile then He pointed through the soft cascade. The land swept downward, covered in rich grass until it became a wood. Beyond the trees was a still blue lake reaching to the horizon. He put His arm behind me on the bench and leaned toward me.

“I made this all for you,” He said.

I looked into His eyes once more and my dream was gone.

I find comfort recalling the dream. My anticipation grows as I remember His promise: “And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me, that you also may be where I am.” John 14:3 NIV

As you ponder the cross and the resurrection this Holy Week, remember that Jesus was looking beyond the cross to the day that He and we will be joyful together where He is.

Anticipate! Rejoice!
Has Jesus given you a dream of heaven?





Sondra Dron loves to help others find intimacy with Jesus. Her passion is to point children to Jesus so they can know Him fully. Her current project is a devotional book for boys. She lives in Wilmington with her husband, David.







2 comments:

  1. Just saw the movie, Heaven is for Real, like you and Colton Burbo, I believe the Lord gives us little appetizers of Heaven to prepare us for that Heavenly feast. -Beth

    ReplyDelete